måndag 25 februari 2019

SLT valuation formula, part 4 of 4

Thought I had a good understanding of tokens and Smartlands when I started this three months ago, but I have learned allot during this time. The main points I have learned:
  • There is no good way (yet) to create measurements that gives an indication of short- and long-term value of a token
  • Right now, I feel comfortable about the two-fold evaluation method of “utility value” and “trust in project”. I will use this approach on some other project to learn more and develop my thinking
  • I have developed a different view of the Smartlands project

Smartlands and SLT is a long, long way apart from Satoshi’s vision on a crypto currency: trustless, transparent, decentralized and immutable among some of BitCoins characteristics.

Smartlands is more like a private fin-tec startup utilizing a token platform. Clever, but maybe not what I’m looking for to my token portfolio. As an SLT holder I have put all my trust in a low-transparent and centralized company without any possibility to impact (unless Smartlands want me to) to develop a brilliant idea. 

This doesn’t mean it cannot be a successful “investment” for me but the possible outcomes short- and long term are hidden in the shadows where I only see the areas Smartlands lighten up. In other words – my perception of the risk in SLT have increased.

Unless Smartlands changes approach and declare they want to become a trustless, transparent, decentralized and immutable open source project I see a very low probability of SLT to become a store of value in the future. The SLT price might still increas if they succeed in increasing ABT volumes over a long time so the “utility value” and obliged HODLers becomes the single driver for the price.

I think we have a good short-term ride in front of us! If the Smartlands related risks are handled well SLT will attract allot of new owners. As I said in last post, so far all good and I have no reason to believe this will change, they have the best of intent and incentives in succeeding in the way of operating they have chosen. 

I will continue to update the wallet analyze but on a less frequent bases, right now not allot is happening and the data do not change significantly. 

Last – the SLT holders are a great crowed!

Thank you for all help and positive feedback! And good luck, I think we all have opened the box to a once in a life time opportunity investing in BitCoin and tokens.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

SLT analyze July 24, 2019

It’s been a very interesting 9 months detail studding Smartlands, but I decided when doing previous update to sell my SLT (and my other tok...